Popular Posts

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

3x5

City life is becoming more and more okay with me day by day. Emilee and I explore new places each day and are slowly starting to be familiar with the streets and paths we will be taking everyday.

We found out that the dutch class we will be taking does not start until next week. It will last for two weeks before classes start and then we will have one two hour class every two weeks to help us out throughout the semester. This is very exciting and will hopefully really help us out in our internships. We also now have a week to get our sleep schedule down and explore the city so we can get around a bit easier.

We got a tour of our school yesterday and it is GORGEOUS. It is so modern, but friendly. The architecture is beautiful. I need to take pictures so I can show you all, but I've been trying to absorb everything and not look like TOO much of a tourist.

My sleeping schedule is a bit messed up at this point. I've been waking up really early, sometimes as early as 5am. I therefore get exhausted around 1 or 2pm and the past couple of days I have succumbed to taking naps midday. I therefore cannot sleep in so I bounce back up at 5am. This morning I woke up at about 7am and have been puttering around. I laid down for a bit, because there was literally nothing else to do. Emilee was sleeping and I didn't want to wake her and I don't feel completely comfortable roaming the streets of Antwerp by myself at this point. So I did dose off around 11 for like twenty minutes. Doesn't count!

We are getting coffee and a late lunch with Eline around 3pm so that will force me not to sleep until tonight when I can get a good night's rest and hopefully sleep in past 8am. I am considering investing in a small fan, because I normally sleep with a fan at home and I don't have one here and I think that might be a part of my problem. Perhaps I will look for one today.

I had another waffle yesterday. om nom nom.

No comments:

Post a Comment